Monday, January 16, 2012

1-16-12

I've started my games training with Coach Michael McElroy at Crossfit 27:17. I'm very pumped and ready to start gearing up for the garage games and the Crossfit open.

Week 1

Testing week

Monday

CP testing

A.M.

A. Power Clean- build to 1RM in 20 min

205, 225, 245, 265 (fail), 255, 265 (fail)

B. CTB Pull Ups- 1 set max reps - 20 reps (PR)

Comments - I kinda had first day jitters. The cleans felt slower than what I normally do, and they were below my pr in the lift. The ctb pullups I was pleased with. This was a pr for me, but I know my technique wasn't solid, I kinda muscles into them. With good technique I think I could get north of 25.

P.M.

Aerobic Testing

10 rounds for time

Row 500m

15 Burpees

Time - 34:01

Comments - This test covered my well documented weaknesses. So much so I was able to PR on my rowing 5k during this workout. I normally would be excited about this, but I think it just shows how much I avoid aerobic conditioning, and how good it is Coach is pushing me in this direction. My rowing form was not as solid as I would like, but I got some work in on it post workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment