Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1-31-12

Okay so ... the garage games this weekend was more taxing on my body than I thought it was going to be. I know, I know ... its a competition, I gave it everything I had, and found time to study for my exam this past Monday, I should be tired. I guess I am just not accustom to pushing myself to those kinds of limits before. I mean, it was unlike anything I have ever participated in. Don't get me wrong, I loved it. I just need to learn what to expect from myself after such a trying weekend. Regardless, this was the workout for today.

A.M. - I was supposed to do some gymnastics training post lifting, but I really couldn't even do a single pull up. I was fried. So I did the smart thing and stopped

A. Dead Lift- 1.1.1.1.1 x 3; rest 7 min (365, 385, 405x2 then 385 and stopped)

B. Squat Clean & Jerk- build to a tough double (All I could get out of myself today was 185)

P.M.

“Flow”

Row 10 min @ Z1 (2070m)

5 min technique work butterfly CTB pullups and handstands

Row 10 min @ Z1 (2090m)

5 min L-sit practice and ring dips

Row 10 min @ Z1 (2080m)

The rowing was good and consistent. I felt much better doing pullups and ring dips this afternoon. I was working on rhythm for CTB so I did 4x5 and I the most ring dips I did was 15.

All in all, not too bad an afternoon considering the massive drop off I had this morning. Really looking forward to my rest day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment