Saturday, August 11, 2012

8-11-12 (Athlete Camp Day 1)

This was a lot of fun.  This was my first athlete camp and I took a good bit away from it.  This is a breakdown of the events

Event 1 - Max rep Power Clean in 8 mins 
285 
This was a PR for me in power clean, pretty excited about getting it.  I went for 300, and I was about an inch short on my pull, so close.  It is coming though.

2 mins rest 

Event 2 - 90 percent of 1RM Power clean, max reps in 8 mins
16 reps @ 255lbs
This was a Creatine Battery test.  My CP battery wasn't awesome, but I was pretty pleased with how many I got considering the new PR.  It should have been 20+ though.  I got 16 at 225 last time I did it, and I could get way more than that now.  So I am making progress

Event 3 - 8 min AMRAP - 5 HSPU, 10 Pistols, 25 double unders
6 rounds + 15 double unders
I need to work on pistols and HSPU stamina.  I knew my pistols weren't great, but I'll keep working on those.  Double unders were great.

Event 4 - Lactic Acid Tester - 300m row + 25 thrusters @ 95lbs, 25 burpees
4:18
This isn't a bad time, considering where my training is with lactic acid endurance.  I felt awesome, really awesome, until about 15 reps into thrusters, then I fell out.  Similar to a 3 min AirDyne test I did a while ago, but this was much longer than that.  I am getting better here, but I need to work on it too.  I should have been in the 3 min range.

Ill do a full write up tomorrow on everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment