Friday, August 17, 2012

8-17-12

AM
A) Snatch Grip Deadlift @315 3 sets of 3 reps, tempo 30X1, rest 4 mins between each (with straps)
- Complete
 +
7 sets of ...
B1) 135lb Front Rack Walking Lunges - 12 steps
B2) 5 HSPU on plates
- Complete, felt great.  Kipping is helping a ton with HSPU.  My knee felt fine until one of the last reps, just need to be careful landing on it.
+
10 min EMOM of strict GH raises 5 reps
- Complete, I like these.  Really tough, worked the hamstring well.

PM - Lunch Session
A) Bench Press @225, 5 mins EMOM 3 reps
- Complete, dropped weight for speed
B) Bench Press @205 5 min EMOM 3 reps Dynamic
- Complete
C) Cuban Press - 5x5
- 25lbs/25lbs//25lbs/45lbs/75lbs - wasn't really sure what to expect from these.  Tried them out, kept the weight super low to see how it felt then increased.  I really felt it in my Spinatus muscles. Great for shoulder stabilization.
D) 8 mins EMOM 5 strict pullups
- Complete 

Comments - I liked going and doing a short workout during lunch.  Breaks up my day, and puts my back on track to finish the afternoon strong.  Sitting a room all day stinks.  Really happy with both sessions.

Food 
- 5 Strawberries
Workout 1
- Protein shake, almond butter and milk
Workout 2
- Chilli
- Cheat - sushi and ice cream, date night with Brett Lindsay   

No comments:

Post a Comment