Monday, September 17, 2012

9-17-12

Squat Snatch- build to easy single fast (not 1RM)
- 135x3 / 185x3 / 205 - felt clean and fast, hips are still a little sore.
+
77% of 1RM
20 reps squat snatch for time
- 5:23 @ 180lbs - About 4 reps a minute, I won't complain too much.  Not sure what is "good" here though.  Missed rep 20, only missed rep, got it on the second pull.  Elbow is still giving me some issues, need to train with the brace on and keep icing it.  My energy level was really high though today.  I felt pumped up to be there.  


Food
Comments - Okay, so I'm with Coach on this.  I am going to crank up the calories to globo gym rat days and see what happens.  I thought about it today, and I started gaining weight after I started pushing more towards paleo.  I think the calorie reduction has actually hurt me, instead of helping.  So lets give this a go.  Worst case scenario is I put on some more weight and suck at gymnastics movements (so, you know ... the same as it is right now.) 

- Breakfast - 4 eggs with olive oil and almond milk - 41g fat 28g protein 40g carbs - 620 calories  - Low energy levels after this.
- Lunch - 4 chicken tenders  + 30 grapes - 80grams of protein + 30 grams of carbs - 660 calories - Energy levels got much better.
Workout
PostWOD - Almond milk and three chicken tenders - 550 calories - 40g carbs and 60 grams of protein - energy levels dipping a bit, but I am hopped up on caffiene and adderoll for my exams so...
- Dinner - "Off Season Special" - Two scoops of protein powder, 2 cups of whole milk, 1 scoop of almond butter, 10 grams of creatine - My training buddy in college and I used to call this the "Be Big Drink."  Drank it every night before bed ... I weighed less then, something to think about .. but I think Off Season Special is more appropriate for crossfit - 690 calories - 28 grams of fat - 64 grams of carbs - 57 grams of protein

Daily total - 2520 calories - 56 grams of fat - 204 grams of carbs - 225 grams of protein 
Nice distribution, still needing about 500 more calories though, I think.  Maybe start and end the day with milk, or some other high calorie food. .

1 comment:

  1. Stay at about this intake for about 2 weeks, don't add milk it's not a good source of Calories for you. Stay around 2500 Cal for about 2 weeks and lets see what the weight does. If it stays the same we'll bump up another 300 Cal or so...

    ReplyDelete