Saturday, September 15, 2012

Garage Games

First, let me say I had a great time today.  It was a really well run event, and the workouts were great.  All of the volunteers, Coach Mike, and whoever else had a hand in running the games today did such an incredible job.  

Second let me say this.  I hate excuses.  I really do.  I don't want to hear why stuff didn't work out for you, I want to see results.  Everybody is sore, everybody has to do the workout, everybody has some kind of limitation.  My limitation this week was my arm.  When the reps increased, my elbow started fading.  I wasn't hurting (the brace made sure of that) but I definitely had some weakness.  But hey, I gave it all I had.  Was I pleased? No, not at all, but did I learn alot and have a ton of fun?  Yea, I really did.  I am documenting my thoughts on this to get better, not to give excuses.  

Event - 1 - 5 mins to find 1RM Clean and Jerk - 295lbs - felt awesome, moved well.  This is where I make my money, so I was happy.

2 min break

Event 2 - 21 - 19 - 15 - 12 GH Situps and Pullups - 8:00 - Felt ok, placed somewhere in the high teens on this guy.

Event 3 - 200m run + 15 thursters @ 95lbs + 25 box jumps + 15 thrusters + 200m run - 6:00 (with some change I can't remember) - started falling off here, fatigue and weakness started setting in.  I got this at 4:45 last week, so I wasn't happy with the time.

Event 4 - The major drop off - 50 burpees + 30 KBS + 400m Run + 50 Goblet Lunges + 400m Run + 30 KBS + 50 Burpees - DNF (18 min time cap) - Really frustrating.  I was limited by holding the kettlebell.  The first 50 burpees felt pretty dang good, but I was apprehensive to start the KBS.  Only broke up the first set by a little, then fell to pieces on the Goblet squats.  I could only hold it for about 5 reps, because of the weakness in my arm.  I did way way better on this last week, I got 14:45.  

So all in all, the fatigue of back to back workouts with the stress put on my arm held me back.  I want to be good at this, I really do. I want to keep pushing and fighting to get better everyday.  Looking forward, not looking back.  I need to work on dropping weight, I need to get back under 200lbs and keep my strength and building my aerobic base and anaerobic endurance.  In the words of some of my favorite athletes

"Onward" - James Fitzgerald
“Be patient. Your fitness level is something that is going to generally take a long time to get to where you think you want it. And when you are there, you will want it higher." - Chris Spealler  

No comments:

Post a Comment